4 Looks in 4 Minutes on Miss USA 2016 Co-Host, Julianne Hough
Nine Zero One Co-Founder, Riawna Capri, had the difficult/exciting task of creating four different looks in just four minutes each on Miss USA Co-Host, Julianne Hough! Although it wasn’t an easy task, Riawna pulled off the looks brilliantly with the help of her trusty UNITE products. Scroll down for a complete step-by-step guide, including each one of Julianne’s looks, to recreate these effortless looking styles at home.
- First, prep the hair with 7SECONDS Detangler.
- Then follow up with a little cocktail of SMOOTH&SHINE and U Oil.
- Round brush hair, giving a smooth but voluminous blow-out.
- Once dry, add TEXTURIZA to the roots to get that instant lift.
- Take a 1 1/4″ curling iron and curl everything in front of the ear away from the face. Once you get to the back of the ear start alternating the direction of the curl.
- Take thin long sections and leave an 1″ to an 1 1/2″ of the ends out and smooth it out with the iron.
- To finish the look, shake out the waves and add more TEXTURIZA to the ends.
The Perfect Pony
- Using a 1 1/4″ iron add a soft wave to the hair to get some movement.
- Spray TEXTURIZA all over once waved. Take a few horizontal sections and add a little EXPANDA Dust to the roots to get some lift.
- Section out the hair in front of the ear and create a low pony tail with the rest.
- Take little pinches and gently start pulling on the hair to create a little volume and texture to the pony tail.
- Once that is tossled a bit, take the hair in front of the ear and loosely twist and pin back into the pony tail. Then take a piece of the pony tail and spray TRICKY Lite onto that strand and wrap around the hair tie to disguise it.
- To finish the look, add 7SECONDS Glossing Spray to the ends to give it some shine and a little GO365 Hairspray to softly keep everything in place.
Soft Textured Curls
- Spray 7SECONDS Detangler in towel dried hair to instantly detangle and provide a thermal protector. Now it’s safe to comb through your hair!
- Apply BLOW&SET generously from roots to ends to promote a flexible memory in styling and setting that will later be very useful once you use your curling iron.
- Spray BOOSTA Spray on damp hair thoroughly about 6 inches away from the root. For best results, rough dry your hair, lifting at the root for weightless volume.
- Once your hair is about 80% dry, use a round ceramic brush to smooth out your rough dry. Continue lifting sections at the root on the top layer of your hair.
- Now that your hair is dry and has a great foundation from these products, you are ready to style! Draw a deep side part and begin curling your hair away from your face.
- Be sure to let your curls cool for longevity. Brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush and spray in 7SECONDS Glossing about 5 to 6 inches away from head to fight frizz and smooth hair with instant shine.
- Lastly, hold the TEXTURIZA can about 8 inches away and spray where you want hold and texture. Now you have fullness and a medium hold to ensure your hair lasts all day and into the night!
- Starting with dry hair, spray TRICKY Lite all over and gather hair into a high pony tail, brushing upward and away from the face using a Mason Pearson brush.
- Use bungee and/or hair tie to secure. Once pony is secure, divide hair into two pieces.
- Take one piece, knot and pin, creating a bun. Braid the remaining piece.
- Sprinkle EXPANDA Dust all over the braid and spread it out to create a thicker braid.
- Then, take the braid and wrap it around your bun and bobby pin into place. Smooth the flyaways with SESSION-MAX Spray. Use 7SECONDS Glossing Spray at the end for a sleek polished look.